Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Off to Texas...

This is our first day on the road to Texas. Aaron flew in the from Texas the night before to help me drive down. It was fun to have another adult in the car and the kids had fun just being with him. We had to make a lot of stops so Aaron played a lot with our new camera.



Our first stop included a picture at our apartment in Emporia. As you can tell the kids are tired but not yet give up to naps.

The area around Emporia is called the Flint Hills. This area really tries to preserve the natural Kansas...so it has the tallgrasses and natural hills and landscaping.

The rolling hills of south eastern Kansas.

Entering Oklahoma...


Sadie at a dog park in Oklahoma. She was really excited to get out of the car!



Mommy with Josh....it was really windy!

Kylie and Josh releasing a little energy in the wind.


Mommy is really excited to be at the hotel in Oklahoma City at the end of the day!

1 comment:

Annie said...

LOL I love the picture of you at the hotel. There is a hint of "don't push me, I am on the edge!" in your eyes. I'm glad you have another adult to help you drive this time. I am refusing to leave Utah without the help of another person. And I am in LOVE with the picture of Kylie and Josh in the bluebonnets on your header. I miss seeing those gorgeous wildflowers!