Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back in Kansas!

After a two day drive...we are finally back in Kansas. I was sooo shocked to walk into my house and find it a mess, including a dirty diaper in the kitchen trash (so it sat for a whole month rotting)! It made me realize how in a hurry I was to get away. The kids seem to be happy to be back and play with their toys, sleep in their rooms and play with their friends across the street. However, we do really miss being with Mimi, Papi, Meagan, Sarah....and Grandma, Grandpa, Brian and Casey. I really miss having bread, milk, pop and dinner magically appear in the kitchen and someone for Josh to wake up when he wakes up at his very early hour.

The one thing that I am especially grateful for is that Josh and Kylie get to know there extended family. While some may criticize me for going to Michigan for a month at a time, I am so glad that Josh and Kylie know who their family is when we look at a picture and have memories of them. For those of you who don't know this, my grandma (mom's mom) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 50. She died 3 weeks after her 60th birthday. She was so young and I was lucky enough to be born while my mom and her were still young....so I have some memories of her before Alzheimer's took her away...but not a lot. I really want my kids to know who their extended family is and have their own memories and to love them as much as I do.

Also Kylie is extremely shy around strangers and I think very few people get to see the real crazy side of her. Both families I think got to know my shy child and hear her laugh without me right next to her.

Until next time mom and dad...enjoy the quiet and get some sleep for me! Love you all in Michigan and please come visit us in Texas...I love company!

1 comment:

Guzman Gang said...

That sucks you live so far away from your family!!! I know how much you love them and spending time together!