Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter weekend...

It was so fun to have Easter as a family! On Saturday we colored Easter Eggs and had a Easter Egg hunt with some candy of course. The kids loved picking up all the goodies and had a hard time finding the ones on the fence and on the sattelite dish. They also had a hard time going to bed that night because they were soooo excited for the Easter Bunny to come.

The next day we got up and examined what the bunny left everyone. The kids loved their toys and candy. After a short morning full of candy, we went to Houston. We stopped by Abba's (Aunt Kathy's) house and dropped off an Easter basket. Then we drove by Mommy's old house. Boy, that brought back a lot of memories. I lived there from the 2nd grade until the end of 5th grade. It looks a lot better than the last time I visited. (It had bars on all the windows 12 years ago...yikes!) After that we went to visit Aunt Vera. Vera is my mom's mom's sister. Make sense? Ok, she is my maternal grandmother's sister. Now make sense? Anyways, I haven't seen her since she lived in Michigan and that was a while ago. Ironically, she now lives in a nursing home less than 10 minutes from my old house. Too bad we don't live there still or else I could visit her more often.

After our visit with Vera we went to my Uncle Henry and Aunt Diane's house in Spring. Henry is my dad's brother (if you can't tell by the pictures.) Josh kept telling me the whole time we were there how much Henry looks like Papa V. Aaron thinks he's a just a bear version of my dad. We spent a while there and got all caught up with their family.

I really am lucky to live near family again and reconnect some of those bonds.


















My old house...Sugarland, Tx

Aunt Vera



Uncle Henry

Uncle Henry and Aunt Diane


1 comment:

Annie said...

You are such a cute mom! I would never have the idea/patience to make a jelly bean trail and then write out names :) I'm glad you made it safely to Texas and were able to pull off Easter so soon after moving! We need to get our four little monkeys together...I have a feeling it would be hilarious.