Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lion and Rhino Park....

Last weekend we had soooo much fun and went to the Lion & Rhino park.  When you start saying that phrase a lot you end up saying Lino and Rhino park...it's kind of joke between the Americans here.  Anyways, I just want to say this park was the first place that I saw, here in Africa, that was absolutely beautiful.  I have only been between Johannesburg and Pretoria and a lot of what I see is red dirt...while red dirt is different....to me...it's just not as pretty as rolling green hills!  So this is just a hint of what you can see in person...if you come to visit!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Springbok
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wild Dog
Photobucket

They got so close to our car that they tried to eat the door handles...so we lightly stepped on the gas :)
Photobucket

Blue Crane
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pumba and their babies
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite bird...of course it has polka dots!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas...
Photobucket

I love how the zebra, that are native to this area, have a brown tint to them....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They couldn't resist playing with Simba...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nasty old bird...
Photobucket

This one is for my dad...Cincinnati Bengals baby!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tired....
Photobucket

Laughing at us????
Photobucket

Mouse Deer
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Simba's dad...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Feeding the cheetahs....soooo cool
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Feeding the white lions....by the way...it's a cow...already dead with no head...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Melissa said...

so AWESOME!! I really have to talk Clint into a visit!! The pictures are great! What a priceless adventure for you guys!! Man the pictures make me miss the kids sooooo BAD!!!
Mel

Unknown said...

Those are pretty awesome pictures Marianne. The best one is Josh and Kylie standing in front of the sign!

Mimi said...

Great pictures...fun to see the kids. My favorite was the laughing lion!

Mimi said...

From Meagan: I think the pic of the lion yawning reminded me of mom somehow. Wish I could be there and I absolutely love African Wild Dogs and little Simba. Lots of Love to you, Josh, Kylie, and Aaron. :)

C7 said...

such good pictures...they look professional!
miss you guys!

Leah McChesney said...

Wow, what an awesome day!