This was our first Christmas without ANY family around. It was really different to say the least. Every Christmas I feel like I'm on the ball and most of my shopping is figured out and done at least 2 weeks before Christmas and wrapping starts the week before Christmas. THIS YEAR....well, let's just say we got it together. It was hard getting in the spirit when my kids were swimming everyday and the air conditioners were going and every one is in shorts. I knew it would be different because I spent a Christmas in Singapore but I wasn't the one putting on the show...my mom was. She definitely did a better job than me.
All in all, I think the kids had fun and they love the fact that they got summer toys and they are able to use them! The fort from the grandparents is still being built so pictures of that will come later.
Since the trees are all fake and they are the real fake ones from China but still cost a fortune (more than the nice ones in the US) we decided to go with a stick tree. It was kind of fun to have something different!
Ok, I know the lights don't all match but when I went to go buy the third strand, all of Pretoria was sold out of lights...seriously...so we had to take LED lights off something else and use it in the middle. :)
Stocking Stuffer...
Is this an evil face????
Santa found Reece's peanut butter cups...so Josh had to take a break and eat some...it's been almost 3 months!
She ate her Reece's without us seeing...until we saw her face :)
All done...and look at those smiles!
Enjoying the sun...
One of Josh's favorite toys...and the miracle is...it's still not broken!
Ready for Christmas lunch...he picked out the shirt. Ya know since we're in Africa.
The crazies!
Cuteness
Seriously, who could say no to that face????
We spent the afternoon with friends at the Farm Inn eating a delicious buffet. It may have been different but it was great. Later that night we were able to Skype with family and it was so fun to watch Peggy open her present and watch Carter say HO, HO, HO. I say next Christmas everyone comes here...and then we can all swim!













2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures! We missed you. Give the kids hugs and kisses!
I love your tree! It turned out really really cute! And you look so good in your picture! I will see what I can do about sending some Reece's, you should have told me, I would have gotten some to you earlier! Any thing else you need?
Post a Comment